Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Perfect Barbie Manicure



When it comes to painting my nails, I like them to look perfect and the second a chip occurs, I feel like I have to change the entire thing. Of all the colours I could choose from though, pinks are definitely my favourite and I've been on the hunt for the perfect Barbie pink for some time now; most are either too pastel, too dark or just not pink enough. I have however, now found the perfect Barbie-inspired manicure for me and it's from the Nicole by OPI, Carrie Underwood collection in the shade 'Color Me Country'.

I'm a huge fan of Carrie Underwood so that is what initially drew me to this polish (and a few more from the collection), but having tried it and worn it for a week now, I can start by saying that it is nothing like it appears in the bottle. It's much more of a Barbie pink, as apposed to the deeper hue it appears in the bottle - that I am happy about though! Moving onto the formula itself, as expected with anything from OPI, including it's cheaper offering of Nicole by OPI, the formula is incredibly creamy and two coats are more than enough to achieve an opaque finish.  

As for wear time, as expected, I wore this polish for a week and found that it didn't wear or chip at all, which could have been down to the polish itself or the new (and cult favourite) top coat I'm trying out, more on that soon. I'm so happy to have finally found the perfect pink shade for me, despite seeing some reviews and it looking much more peach than pink!

believe you can pick up these polishes at Boots/Superdrug, but I actually got mine from a local beauty outlet. Have you tried any of the polishes from the Carrie Underwood Nicole by OPI collection? Let me know your favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo